Many dog owners around the world find this act weirdly funny. If you live with a dog with lots of home access, it is very possible that you might find it staring at you when you wake up. It might actually be scary as some times, you could wake up with its muzzle directly on your face.
Lots of dog owners try to find out why their canine friends do things like this. Understanding why you dog is staring at you while you sleep, is very important as it would educate you, while enabling you make the best choices for your dog’s comfort and safety.
The bond observed between human and these canine folk, is something that has no rival, when you try to compare with other animals. These mammalian canines, tend to understand us more than most other animals, making them the ideal choice for pets worldwide.
Understanding these pets could be very tasking as they have their way of doing various things. Dogs are domestic canines normally found in our surroundings. They are mammals, and give birth to their young alive. As cheerful as they may get, they could also get very aggressive and on the look out what threatened.
Why Does My Dog Stare At Me While I Sleep
These animals are normally studied by various behaviorists, and their emotional, mental and physical stability is put on notice to enable various dog owner worldwide, know how to successfully handle them. According to these behaviorists, there are some reasons why your dog might be staring at you while you sleep.
Although you can never know the main thoughts of any living creature, actions or results based on it’s reactions to various things these dogs do, tends to bring out handy and useful information.
Interesting Read – Can Dogs Eat Balsamic Vinegar
Some reasons why your dog might be staring at you while asleep are;
- Love and affection: Dogs are loyal creatures that revere their owners. This can be seen if you find it staring at you while you sleep. At times, it shows the level of love and respect it has for you as it’s benevolent owner. If your dog loves you as an owner, it would definitely want to associate with you every time. So it should not be shocking to see it staring at you while you sleep.
- Protective reasons: This normally occurs when you dog perceives danger or threats. Dogs are also overly protective as they are loving. You can see it in the way a mother dog takes care of her pups. Whenever you find your dog staring at you while you sleep, you should also be on alert, as it could be trying to help protect you from an immediate lurking danger. Whenever it then resorts to barking, it might mean that the threat is very close. Protecting your dog as a good owner is very necessary, so various defensive measures should be put in place for emergencies like these.
- It feels bored and want to play: It is very possible that your dog want to play outside with you, but can’t because you are sleeping. You should understand that dogs are very jovial animals and tend to do lots of exercise based activities. It might be trying to let you notice it by continuously staring at you. When Yu notice your dog staring at you like that, giving it playing with it or giving it treats will surely make it happy.
- Disorder: Some dogs might actually have a disorder that makes them keep fixed glances at animate or inanimate objects. You should take your dog for various therapeutic sessions, if you find out that it’s staring has become very strange. This disorder can only be resolved by professionals, so meeting one is vital to your dog’s well being.
It is also very possible that your dog may check on you when you sleep. This one is very different as your dog visit and goes at various intervals. This is mainly a form of protectiveness as your dog is concerned about your safety. It could also be checking up on you to draw your attention to something.
Sometimes, it might just want to know when you wake up so it can start interacting with you. Getting a dog that checks on you regularly, is a good thing as it shows concern on the dog’s part.
Why does my dog look at me when it poops ?
This is another thing some dogs do. Many dog owners have noticed that their mutt stares at them when excreting. This could be very awkward, as it doesn’t look normal to humans. But it is completely normal, and it’s actually imbibed in their DNA.
Trendy Post – How To Connect With Your Dog On A Deeper Level
Just like howling, it is also very normal for numerous dogs to look at you while pooping. Just like it’s stares when you sleep, it is also a way it uses to communicate to you as dogs and humans don’t speak the same language. Some reasons why your dog might look at you while pooping are;
- Protective reasons: Because the dog is not in a very alert stage while it’s pooping, it is very vulnerable and needs you to be on the watch. This is a behavior they are known for, as it is natural to always have someone on standby when vulnerable. When it is done, it would stop staring at you, as it is in a comfortable position.
- They might be expecting a reward: Most dogs might just want you to give them treats. So even when they are pooping they anticipate the reward you are to give them. How to know is by watching if it still walks up to you after pooping. Dogs enjoy delicious treats and it makes them love their owners the more. It is very essential to treat you dogs to nice things especially if they do good.
- It might be waiting for you to approve of it: Approving your dog’s poop locations is something that well trained dogs expect you to do, especially if it gets pressed in public. Some dogs might be making eye contact with you to confirm that it’s okay to do their thing in this location, as they don’t want you to get angry at them. Many dog trainers notice this behaviour a lot, especially if they are toilet training a mutt. Your dog sees you as the organism in charge and would want you to confirm whether it throws waste in that location or not. After approving it’s position, your dog would surely stop staring at you and then continue whatever it was doing.
Why does my dog look at me and growl
This is also another attitude some dogs tend to do. The growling of dogs is often seen as a warning to tell you that it’s not comfortable, but knowing reasons why your dog might growl at you is very essential to resolving the problem, if there actually is one.
Growling in dogs
Dogs tend to growl as a form of communication, it is normally termed as negative because the sound it makes while it growls, is not a pleasant one. When dog’s growl they normally tend to communicate their discomfort, displeasure, anger, stress, etc to whoever it is directed to. Not resolving the situation might actually lead to the mutt taking aggressive actions. Some reasons why your dog may stare at you and growl are;
- Pain or illness related reasons: This is the obvious reasons as the dog is definitely not comfortable at this state. Knowing why your dog is going through the pain, is very essential to discovering how you deal with it. You’d dog might also be very ill and suffering from a sickness which is giving it lots of discomfort. You should check out for various symptoms that can confirm either of both issues, and take the necessary measures like first aid, Vet visit etc, needed to confirm it’s safety.
- Hunger: Your dog might also growl because of lack of food. You should always ensure your dog is well fed and not lacking any nutrient for it’s survival, as this will definitely question the extent of your capability as a pet owner. Dogs should never be starve, because they might resort to other unpleasant methods to get fed.
- It is actually happy: Some dogs might actually growl at you out of fun. The way some weird sounds escape our lips when doing stuff, it is also the same for these mammalian canines. When you are stroking your pet dog and it’s enjoying it, it might let out small squeals or growls in the process. This doesn’t call for much alarm as they are normally low pitched in sound
Dogs have many funny and shocking attitudes, and learning about these things everyday is very fun, this is part of what makes dog owning an amazing experience. Knowing why your mutt acts like it does, is very essential in detecting lots of things ranging from it’s behavior. Proper research should be made, when confused so that you don’t make a mistake, and it is also very important to see your vet doctor if you are helplessly lost.
Leave a Reply